Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Lesson From My Visit to the Apple Store


A hypothetical "group" conversation went like this.

Me: Hi. My name is Allan and I suffer from Mac Snobbery.

Group: Hi, Allan!

Me: I have been doing really well with my Mac Snobbery until last week when I stubbled.

Leader: Tell us about it, Allan.

Me: For some time now, I have had my Mac Snobbery in check. I have not looked down my nose at PC users. I have not poked fun at the fact that PC users must update thier virus protection program almost daily. I have not spoken sarcastically about how Windows rolls out a new operating system and lets the public find the problems with it.

Leader: Go on, Allan!

Me: Recently, the church where I serve as pastor determined to purchase an iPad for me. It was a pastor appreciation gift. It was to replace our families very first iPad - a Gen 1. It served me well for 5 productive years. A couple of days ago, I dropped by the Apple Store and picked up my new iPad. As I walked out of the store, it overcame me - Mac Snobbery. It is contagious at every Apple facility.

So what lessons were learned from the visit to the Apple Store?

1)  Man's battle with sin is ongoing and will never cease this side of heaven.

2) If a particular person, place, or action contributes to your spiritual failure. Avoid them!

3) Pride goes before a fall.

4) Don't judge others because of their weaknesses. Yours are just as great!!!


Looking forward,

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment